Challenge Week Four and Five:Media and Memory

Anime Expo

When I was little I couldn’t do with my favorite toy… Bumblebee The Transformer! He was the most marvelous, great, and cool toy a boy could have. Bumblebee was great.

My favorite thing about him is that he could transform! His bright yellow wings in the push of a button turn in to car doors. His face becomes the engine and then he’s ready to go.  I would grab my remote controller and drive him around. Zooming around the house saying phrases over and over my parents would get so mad.” Malone ! You better put that toy up now!” My mom would yell at me.”That is the most annoying thing ever.” My brothers would tell me but I would still play with him. I slept with him every night and if I ever got nightmare, Bumblebee would protect me.

If I didn’t have Bumblebee in my hand, I would cry and cry until my mom gave it back. I remember when I was little my brother broke his arm and that day we went to the hospital to check up on him but my parents wouldn’t let me bring Bumblebee and I wouldn’t leave without him so I stayed home all day playing with him. Driving him around with no one to get mad at me. “BumbleBee Go!” I would say to him. That might’ve been the best day of my life!

Without Bumblebee my childhood would not be the same. I can still remember his bright yellow wings. Everybody had the childhood toy and Bumblebee was mine!

Creative Commons License Photo Credit: Anna Fischer via Compfight

4 thoughts on “Challenge Week Four and Five:Media and Memory

1. Great post Malone! I really liked the story of when your brothers arm was broken and you wouldn’t leave without Bumblebee! It really shows how in love you were with this toy.

2. Malone I use to love transformers when I was a small child. I think that transformers a fantastic toy. But now I am totally into the transformers movies.

3. Nice Malone, I love the transformers movies! Bumblebee is by far my favorite transformer. I can tell that you really enjoyed your toys company.

4. This was an awesome post and it shows how much you loved that toy. I really like the part about where you stayed home all day even though your brother was in the hospital with a broken arm.