Barton Creek Fishing

Mardis Mill Falls, #2

There are many places i go to fish, but my favorite is Barton Creek. It has so many fish such as LMB’s, Smallies, Sunfish, and Guadalupe Bass(Texas State Fish). But my favorite is the LMB(Largemouth Bass).

First you walk down a little trail seeing sum Hawks and various types of birds, and then you get to the water. At first look it doesn’t look like much but then you take a real look at it and the fish come alive. A beautiful waterfall covers them up with shade. Sometimes you’ll have to go into the water to get the perfect cast but with a decent rod and reel you don’t.  Now lets get to the fishing.

Not many giants roam these waters but they can get up to a good 7 or 8 pounds. Usually I’ll throw a fluke or some other type of soft plastic lure. First I’ll have have a couple nibbles from sunfish but then a big bass appears in the water. The nice thing is you can see the fish so you know when to set the hook. the bass will look at the lure with interest and within a mater of seconds he strikes.  You have a fish on and all you need to do is reel him in. Finally, another fish to add to the collection.

The reason I like to fish in Barton Creek is the scenery and the fish. It’s also a great place to bring some friends and just hangout.

Creative Commons License Photo Credit: Kerry Sanders via Compfight

One thought on “Barton Creek Fishing

1. I had no idea Barton Creek was such a great fishing spot! My family and I will have to try it this summer. Thanks for the tips :- )